Recipe courtesy of Sean and Catherine LowePrep time:
10 minutesCook time:
23 ounces Bertolli Rustic Cut Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce •
6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs •
2 teaspoons kosher salt •
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper •
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil •
1 pound whole-wheat linguine •
8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms •
1/2 cup small diced onion •
1/4 cup white wine (optional) •
3 ounces baby kale •
1) Heat oven to 350 F.
2) In 3-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, heat sauce. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
3) In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until skin is crisp and deep golden-brown. Turn chicken over and cook 3-5 minutes until golden-brown on second side.
4) Remove chicken from skillet, leaving fat in pan. Set aside skillet to be used later.
5) Add chicken to sauce in Dutch oven in single layer, skin-side up, with skin just above surface of sauce. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Begin to boil water for pasta.
6) Remove cover from Dutch oven and cook in oven 10 minutes.
7) Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain.
8) Heat reserved skillet and fat over medium-high heat; add cremini mushrooms and onions; saute until lightly browned. Deglaze with white wine, if desired, and cook until dry. Add kale to mushrooms and toss gently to wilt.
9) Remove Dutch oven from oven and gently transfer chicken to large plate. Add pasta to sauce in Dutch oven and stir gently to coat.
10) Place portion of pasta in pasta bowl and make well in middle. Spoon mushroom-kale mixture into center of well and top with one piece of chicken.
11) Shave Parmesan cheese over dish to finish.
12) Spoon polenta into serving dish and make a well in middle. Place mushroom-kale mixture in well. Top with marinara sauce and one piece of chicken.Substitution:
Portobello, shiitake or button mushrooms may be used in place of cremini mushrooms.Tip:
Serve with creamy polenta instead of pasta. In saucepan, combine 2 cups chicken stock, 2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to boil and whisk in 1 cup instant polenta and cook, while stirring, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and whisk to combine.