Recipe courtesy of the USDA
1 pound top round beef
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
8 red-skinned potatoes, halved
3 cups onion, finely chopped
2 cups beef broth
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch strips
2 bunches (1/2 pound each) mustard, kale or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn
1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide. Trim away visible fat.
2. Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with spice mixture.
3. Spray large, heavy skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over high heat.
4. Add meat; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, onion, broth and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, 20 minutes.
6. Stir in carrots; lay greens over top and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.